I'm pleased to report that we have identified a volunteer who will help out with the treasurer's position for a while, but we are still looking for the second person for that team. Bookkeeping experience is not necessary, but a love of detail and accuracy is. We promise training, mentoring and support for whoever volunteers. Below is a list of tasks for our treasurers, to be divided up as they think best:
- Deposit and record our income.
- Pay our bills and record the transactions.
- Maintain our QuickBooks records and report once a month to the Board of our income, expenses and current position.
- Prepare and file our taxes.
- Help prepare our annual budget.
- Take in magazine subscriptions at the general meetings.
Our records are in good order, so the job is mostly a matter of maintaining the system. If you are interested, please contact any board member, but especially either myself, email@example.com or Larry Godsey, current treasurer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.